Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First few days in NZ

First few days in Christchurch is not really pleasing.. I hope this condition will go better day by day as i'm trying to get the internet. It's very expensive to online here, about NZD5 for 50MB.. i rather call for that money! It's cheap to call with BBH card at 9c per minute to mobiles in Malaysia.

Bank, IRD are all done, view a car this evening and planning to buy it tomorrow. It's a Nissan Bluebird, which will cost me NZD1500 :( bt i need car to travel around looking for jobs and accomodation. I think im old already, it's tiring to carry bag loads of over 30kgs on me everytime i move to another place. It's a good exercise but, dang, it's freaking heavy and tiring at some point. Especially on the hilly road.

Im currently staying at Drifter Backpackers for NZD20 per night using BBH card, a NZD3 savings per night. Food stuff is not cheap here.. money running out fast if i dont find a job soon. Got my phone number working again, with 2 Degree. Sim card placement cost NZD5 and i loaded NZD20 on it so i can make calls home.

Anyway, my megabytes is running out soon... will update when i got my free wireless (still looking!!)

No comments: