Thursday, June 10, 2010

Micropoecilia parae

One of my favourite fish of all time, from the genus Micropoecilia. I used to have 2 pairs, bought from SLS, for a short period, giving birth to 1 and 8 fries respectively and both pairs died.. :( Thankfully, from the 9 fries, i've managed to get 2 red males and 7 females! And now, they have all grown up and started producing fries.. i've collected over 17 fries so far! YES!

Last week, i obtained 4 males from my friend, the only original 4 males left from the shipment. There were 2 yellow, 1 red and 1 blue! I've decided to buy all 4 and make a cross back to my females and hopefully, there's some other melanzoma will pop up instead of red only.. wish me luck! :)

Micropoecilia parae melanzoma red
Micropoecilia parae melanzoma red

Micropoecilia parae melanzoma red

Micropoecilia parae melanzoma yellow
Micropoecilia parae melanzoma yellow

Micropoecilia parae melanzoma yellow

Micropoecilia parae melanzoma blue
Micropoecilia parae melanzoma blue

No comments: