Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year 2010 - The year of the TIGER!

Happy New year guys... hope this coming year brings more success and happiness, better health and wealth, and lot's more good things!

2009 is one the my best and happiest year, as i have alots of new friends and met alot of new people from many country, such as Pascal and Nico from Switzerland, Dr.Sergey and his friends from Russia, visited alots of places in Sabah especially, enjoyed my photography journey, i've finally graduated (after 3 years of suffering), got my new job (2nd job in my life :D, and i resign 6 months later!), start my new business after resign, got my new Macbook Pro, and alot more, countless outing, makan2, yamcha, reunions... and not to forget, lot's of new fishes!

Besides that, i have been lucky to have my photos publish in magazines (Digital Camera magazine, February 2009) & Breeze magazine, Sabah, in websites such as www.aquascaperz.com, www.seriouslyfish.com, Venezualan publication and few more.. It is very meaningful for me, particularly in my photography journey. Very motivational and hopefully, it will continue in 2010 with a bigger scale! wish me luck!

In 2009, i've finally obtained what i've dream for in the past 10 years or more in my fish keeping hobby. I got myself the Xiphophorus montezumae (oh god, this is the most anticipated fish of the year, and now, i have over 40 4-5 months old fishes swimming happily in my pond!). Micropoecilia parae (just recently) as well as Cyphotilapia frontosa Moba and Mpimbwe, Tanichthys micagemmae, Parosphromenus sp.. and many more! It was unbelievable and i'm sure, 2010 will bring me more new fishes which added up to my list of fish i've kept and bred (over 40 species now..)

Speaking of this new fishes, i've just shot some of the photos.. it's been a big challenge for me, shooting 1 week old Tanichthys micagemmae, without any macro lens! This is the best i could get (for now.. )

Tanichthys micagemmae fry

Tanichthys micagemmae fry

My latest Cyphotilapia frontosa Mpimbwe

Mpimbwe
Alpha Male

Mpimbwe

Mpimbwe

Mpimbwe

Mpimbwe

Mpimbwe
and the smallest of the group

Couldnt shot the Moba yet as they were in the pond.

Well, just few more hours before we bid goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010, which is also my year of Tiger according to the Chinese Zodiac! I got to go for dinner and come back, online while watching TV during the countdown to 2010! :D less jam and more happening... !

8 comments:

ho said...

walau, u breed all the fishes in your house ah?

Unknown said...

yeap

ho said...

huh, u must have a lot of spaces and really dedicated your life to this :)

Unknown said...

haha... yes i am, Ho. Not much spaces though, but yes, i've dedicated my life on this, it's my career! :D

ho said...

haha! wish u get more money from ur business and buy more land to cultivate all the fishes :) oh ya, u did very nice photography too...

Unknown said...

thanks alot Ho! :p

tanchthys said...

Nice to see how 1 week old tanichthys micagemmae look like ;)

Btw: Do you know in which week or month they usually become sexually mature?

Thanks ;)

Unknown said...

Hey, i've seen them start sexually active around 3-4 months old. BUt it's very dependent on your diet and water temperature. Here (in Malaysia), they tend to grow faster under such warm waters and given real good food like daphnia and artemia, there growth rate is pretty amazing.